Sunday, November 24, 2013

LASAGNA SOUP

Hi All!  Hope this post finds you doing wonderful on this brisk fall evening.  I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post.  Life has really been getting in the way of my craft. J   Nevertheless, I here now with a brand new post and I hope you enjoy it.

With the colder temperatures setting in, I thought this would be a great time to start trying out some recipes for soups and stews.  As soon as I saw the title of this recipe, I went nuts.  I absolutely LOVE lasagna so what could be better than Lasagna Soup?  I found this recipe online at Tasteofhome.com, of course.  There are quite a few Lasagna Soup recipes online but this one seemed to be the quickest and easiest to prepare.  It calls for six ingredients and takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Special Notes:  The original recipe calls for the addition of one small zucchini but I chose not to include it.  Also, even though the recipe does not call for this and I did not include it on my list of ingredients, I added approximately one cup of spaghetti sauce.  This is not something that is absolutely necessary because the soup is pretty good without it but adding the spaghetti sauce seemed to give it a richer and heartier flavor.

Ingredients:
1 lbs. ground beef
1 package of Lasagna dinner mix
1/2 cup of chopped onions
1-14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1-8 oz. can of corn
2 tbsp. of grated Parmesan cheese
5 cups of water

Directions:
1.  In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add contents of the lasagna dinner sauce mix, water, tomatoes, corn and cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.


 
  
 
2.  Add the lasagna noodles. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
 
 
 
Nutritional Facts: 
1 serving (1 cup) equals 175 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment