Monday, December 7, 2015

SAUSAGE ALFREDO


Hi All!  I hope this post finds you doing well.  I have been out of commission for a while but a real Foodie never truly abandons the craft.  I'm back and with a very tasty dish for you to try. On the menu for you today is Sausage Alfredo. It's a recipe that I ran across in a magazine ad for Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage.  Since I only use turkey sausage and could not find the Hillshire Farms brand in my area, I opted for Butterball instead.  
(No offense, Hillshire farms:-)

FINAL THOUGHTS:  This is one of the best things I have ever eaten!!  I garnished my dish with some diced tomatoes.  The sweetness of the diced tomatoes is a nice accompaniment to creamy pasta dishes.


INGREDIENTS:
1 (14 ounce) package of Smoked or Turkey Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
8 ounces of pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese


DIRECTIONS:
1.   Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.

 


2.  Saute sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.



3.  Add cream and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes  or until mixture begins to thicken.  Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese.  Add pasta to sauce and toss.




No comments:

Post a Comment