Saturday, January 28, 2012

ROASTED TILAPIA & SCALLOPS w/ROMESCO SAUCE & CAPERS

Hi All! If you hadn't noticed from some of my previous posts, I really enjoy trying to duplicate wonderful dishes that I've sampled. This particular post focuses more on the finished product rather than the recipe because truth be told, I didn't have a recipe for this dish.  I wanted to try to it out at home because it had such a unique blend of flavors that all seemed to complement each other very well. What I have prepared for you today is Roasted Tilapia and Sea Scallops with Romesco sauce & Capers; accompanied with Yellow Saffron Rice and Sautéed Spinach with garlic and onions. Hmm, sounds good, huh? Well, you're in for a treat.

I attended a luncheon at work that was catered by the university caterers. When I first saw the menu, I have to admit that I wasn't all that impressed because I'm not a big fish person. I was even less enthusiastic when I actually SAW the meal. I knew that as a courtesy, I had no choice but to at least try the food before forming a judgment but just between you and me, if I had seen this listed on a menu in a restaurant, I would have kept reading.  I am pleased to inform you however, that now I have a more open mind and less finicky palate.

Special Notes:  There are numerous recipes on the Internet for Romesco Sauce.  It's a Spanish sauce that is typically made with tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers, garlic and almonds. Under normal circumstances, I would have purchased the ingredients and prepared my own homemade version but due to time constraints, I decided to just a buy a jar.  The scallops were not included in the original meal that I had during the luncheon but I decided to throw those in as special little treat for myself. (I LOVE scallops!!!)  The Yellow Saffron Rice is simple to cook as was the Sautéed Spinach with garlic and onions, although my onions were chopped slighter larger than the caterer's.

Final Thoughts:  This is a very good dinner party meal; particularly if you're looking to impress your guests.  It's colorful; it's packed with nutritious elements and most of all, it tastes good.

Ingredients:
Tilapia Fillets
Sea Scallops (if desired)
Jar of Romesco Sauce
(or try this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/romesco-sauce/detail.aspx)
Capers
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil



Directions:
1. Season tilapia fillets and lay in a casserole dish that has been drizzled with olive oil.



2. Roast in a 400 degree oven for approximate 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flaky.

3. Before removing from the oven, spoon about 2 tablespoons of Romesco sauce on top, garnish with capers and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.

Forgot to mention that there is also some
shredded Parmesan cheese on top of this fillet. 


Directions for Sautéed Spinach:
1. Pre wash fresh spinach leaves.
2. Put into sauté pan along with 1/4 cup of chopped red onion and 1 minced garlic clove.



3. Drizzle with olive oil and cook on medium heat until spinach is tender and onion is translucent.
4. Season with salt and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment